New Year’s Resolutions for 2018
Professionally, 2017 was an “interesting” year for sure. (In quite a few ways I have no regrets about seeing it slip into the history books.) Our accomplishments were huge…as a company we made advancements in productivity and growth, and this coming year we will continue that trend at a rate that has not yet been matched.
Today, on this first day of the year, is that time we have the reflection and intention to do better in the coming 12 months. Our challenges are not those of education – for we know what to do – but of execution. Let’s make resolutions to Just Do It.
From productivity, to marketing, to better life happiness, here are some New Year’s resolutions for 2018 we should all think about:
1. Work smarter by prioritising by importance rather than urgency. Put on your schedule those things that must get done based on importance – then fill in the rest of your time with the other tasks.
2. Wake up every day thinking about how you can increase the contacts in your Database – then do it! Follow up via any referral system or CRM you like best (I like IMPREV.)
3. Implement ways to boost your productivity. Automate where you can, read more success books, and stop multitasking as much. Jump in and learn the technology and software we have here at Accel to make your life easier.
4. Love it or hate it, post consistently on social media to increase your brand awareness and engage potential clients.
5. Make more real estate videos to set yourself apart in your Client’s mind. As uncomfortable as it may be, this is the way of the future and something the younger generation is expecting.
6. Reach out to more local businesses and form mutually-beneficial partnerships. For example, host a Client event at a local restaurant and ask them to provide a discount for your continued business or help promote your events on their social media. This is great for brand awareness and deepening your relationship within the local community.
7. Stop worrying about Zillow stealing our jobs and focus on better customer service instead. Sure, change is coming. The only people who are going to get replaced are the hundreds of mediocre Agents out there.
8. Reflect. Remember to take time out for yourself and the things that you enjoy doing outside of real estate. We’re all emotional creatures.
9. Update your Bio on the websites, social media channels and listing portal pages. Yes, everyone is paying attention.
10. Listen to more David Know training videos. Download the app on your phone and listing to vids during your commute time. Staying up to date on education and training always sparks new ideas to boost your business.
Lastly, be sure to finalize your business plan. This will remind you of your dreams and keep yourself on track. It will also help you stay focused on specific and actionable tasks to get 2018 off to an amazing start.
Our future at Accel is extremely bright. Again, thank you for all of the contributions you have made to increase our success up to this moment.
Let’s make 2018 a year we reflect on proudly. Cheers!!